Planning and budgeting
A budgeting model built on IBM Cognos TM1 is a management tool that helps to ensure that the company's limited financial resources are used efficiently. Nowadays, business volatility requires a flexible solution that provides information enabling your company to make the best decision. IBM Cognos TM1 is an enterprise planning software platform that can transform your entire planning cycle, from target setting and budgeting to reporting, scorecarding, analysing and forecasting. In addition, integrated scorecards and strategy management capabilities help you monitor performance metrics and align resources and initiatives with corporate objectives and market events.
Powerful planning and analysis - product enables to create and analyze sophisticated plans, budgets and forecasts, even those based on large data sets.
- Support driver-based plans and rolling forecasts, link plans together for a cohesive view of all functions, departments and geographies.
- Perform complex cost allocations and profitability analysis to identify the most profitable products, customers, markets and sales channels.
- Execute planning tasks through a personal workspace, connected to the broader enterprise allowing aggregated results to be available to higher levels instantly.
- Dramatically improve query execution times with multi-threaded queries that calculate multiple streams of results in parallel.
- Analyse large, frequently changing data sets organized into complex models using a multidimensional, 64-bit, in-memory OLAP engine.
Integrated scorecards and strategy management - model metrics to measure progress toward objectives and link them dynamically to actions and forecasts.
- Add metrics and scorecards to every contributor's workspace.
- Model and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) in the same environment used for planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Ensure that strategic plans and measurement systems align capital with business opportunities.
- Create highly visual scorecards that include interactive impact diagrams, balanced scorecards and custom diagrams.
Flexible modeling - Develop and deploy even the most complex planning and analysis models using a guided modeling environment.
- Adopt model design and data access to fit your specific business processes, and format input templates for flexibility and ease of use.
- Create personalised scenarios to explore an unlimited number of alternatives so individuals, teams and departments can respond quickly to changing business conditions.
- Easily monitor performance metrics for one or more planning servers, from a single control panel.
Engagement with more users - Engage users from across the organization in high-participation planning and collaborate with remote and distributed users through a range of mobile devices, including the Apple iPad.
- Engage remote and distributed users through a range of mobile devices, including the Apple iPad.
- Contribute to plans from any location. In this range of capabilities, users can review the status of plans and enter and submit plan values, while managers can review, approve or reject contributions remotely.
- Choose the interface best suited to your users: Cognos Analysis for Excel, Cognos TM1 Web, Cognos Insight or Cognos TM1 Contributor.
- Scale to thousands of participants to support top-down and bottom-up planning, budgeting, and forecasting.